Thursday, January 22, 2009

So Proud to Be an American!!!


I have felt so blessed, especially these last few days, to be an American. I love our country! I have watched in awe at the support President Obama has received from the Nation. I hope he can live up to all of the expectations America seems to already have for him!!! I hope he will be strengthened by our prayers-he will definitely need them. So many people expect so much from him. I feel blessed to have witnessed the historic event of the first African-American President in my lifetime. I think about my son's future and wonder what it will hold for him. I hope he grows up feeling pride for his country and a bright hope for the future.

When I was in college I was fortunate to intern on Capitol Hill. I learned so much about our Country, and loved meeting friends from all walks of life. My internship stands out to me as a highlight in my lifetime. I had the BEST experience in DC. I'm so grateful I took the opportunity to see the government in action. Interning in the Nation's capitol instilled in me a fascination with America's leaders past and present. Here are a few pictures from my experience on Capitol Hill.






5 comments:

Matt and Jessie said...

I did not know that you were and intern! That is so cool! I am sure that you got to experience so many things! I am sure you understand way more about how this country works than most of us! I love the pics.

Jerilyn said...

Thanks for the walk down memory lane! Loved the pics!

Auna Leigh said...

Ah ha! I found you! Thanks for leaving a message now I not only can stalk you in person, but via blog. ;) Thanks again for your amazing meals!

Sandi said...

How cool you got to do that! Your pix bring back great memories of DC. We lived there for a year (Emily was born in Silver Spring.) Actually we lived in Maryland - Dave worked in DC. Soooo long ago!

The Quayles said...

HEY LANDIN! It's Fuller. Ok, I know we both have real names. It's Desi. I have a blog too, and a little boy! I loved finding your blog! Ours is markanddesiquayle.blogspot.com I'm glad I can keep up with you now!