Thursday, November 13, 2008

Random Thoughts


Tuesday I spoke at the baptism of a woman named Brandy. I was lucky enough to get to know her over the last few months through the sister missionaries. We met at one of her first discussions, and we were instant friends. She is amazing! She already knew so much, had great questions, and wanted to be baptized. She has the most wonderful family. Her husband was very supportive, and her daughters (still too little to be baptized) will be so thankful someday for their Mother's decision and example. This recent experience with Brandy made me remember a lot of feelings from my mission in Bulgaria when I was able to see someone I helped teach be baptized. There was a time after I came home from Bulgaria when all I wanted to do was go back. And even though it's been five years (I know! Can you believe it??) since I've been home, I still miss it every day. I miss teaching the gospel 24/7, my great companions, and most of all- the Bulgarians!!
Anyway, I was looking through some pictures on my computer, and found a couple pics from the summer. It was so fun when three different times this summer I received a phone call from mission friends saying they were close to Idaho Falls for a wedding/vacation/farewell, etc. I was SO EXCITED that they thought to call me. There are only two pictures (I know there is a third somewhere-sorry Hazel) , but here they are! Thanks for taking time out to see me!

This is Elder and Sister Brown from Washington. They took such good care of me in a city where we served together. This was the first time they got to see Landon after he was born. I think he was 3 months here. Anyway, they are two of my very favorite people-so giving, caring, loving...just wonderful. They came and took me to lunch when I was pregnant, and they were as excited as I was for me to be a mama!


This is Chelsia. We were companions in the capitol in Bulgaria. We had such a great time teaching and learning how to get around that crazy city! We had all sorts of random experiences. (One of the people we were teaching was being held hostage in her home one day when we went to give her a discussion!!!) Anyway, this isn't the best picture because you can't see the babies, but my Landon and Chelsia's LucyMae were born on the same day just 2 hours apart. It was SO fun to see them!! Thanks for calling Chels!

4 comments:

Sonora Apple said...

I have always wondered what the Browns looked like! I can hear Inessa saying "the Browns" ha ha! Thanks for sharing such a beautiful testimony. You are amazing!

Andrea Weaver said...

TaNiel....I was SO excited to see your darling blog. Your little guy is SO SO cute and you look so beautiful!! What a cute family. It's fun to see a little bit of what you are up to these days. Thanks for sharing that wonderful story. I'm sure you were an AMAZING missionary in Bulgaria and are still carrying on the work. Hope all is well in your life. Tell your family I said hello!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

TaNiel, what a fun suprise! You have such an adorable family and you look so happy. This is a fun way to keep up on a bit of what people are doing. Thanks for leaving a comment, keep intouch.

Krassy said...

hey sister Landon! I know the name is different now but you`ll always be sister Landon for me. I love you and will be very happy to get to hear from you.