Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Conference Weekend




I love General Conference! I always look forward to it. I don't think I ever really appreciated it until my mission. I have really lucked out, and for the last four years I have gone to at least one session in the Conference Center every Conference. I even flew home from DC and Chicago on two separate occasions because I had tickets in the Conference Center that I couldn't stand to waste. Ben and have gone to Salt Lake every April and October since we got engaged. It's so fun! Aside from walking around Temple Square never wanting to leave, we also go shopping in Park City, eat Cafe Rio for every meal, hang out with our best friend Kymberli, visit the Christensen's, soak it up in the hotel hot tub, and meet up with old mission friends. It's like heaven on earth. Always something I get so excited about. But...this October session is going to be a little different. We have the babe-o now. Our lives will never be the same-and we LOVE it! So, we've opted to sit this one out and go spend the weekend with my family at the cabin in Island Park. This isn't 2nd place, it's just a more cozy spot to hear the Prophet speak. I'm sure a weekend with the fam will do us some good. Not to mention, I am the ultimate, undisputed champion when it comes to Phase 10 and Apples to Apples.

No comments: