Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I Love to see the Temple


This morning I drug my lazy bum out of bed a little after 6:00 so I could shower and meet the youth at the church. Ben was already at work, so my amazing, wonderful, extraordinary mom came over at 7:00 to watch the babe, and I headed off to do baptisms at the Temple. It was fun to see the youth so enthusiastic, even so early in the morning. We had a wonderful experience, and after everyone was dressed and finished we headed to the temple cafeteria for breakfast. (There is nothing like temple food. I so look forward to it.) This morning I thought a lot about when I was a teenager and my ward would go and do baptisms. Lots of great memories-especially when I was a beehive and I got to go for the first time. I remember having butterflies like crazy. Anyway, I also thought about the day I took out my endowments, the day Ben and I got married, and the day my Aunt and Uncle were sealed to their children. (They had one 8 year old daughter and 6 year old triplets at the time.) That got me thinking about a funeral I went to last Saturday. At the end of the meeting the children played the Michael McClean song Together Forever, and they did a sign language presentation to the music. It was incredible. That is one of the times in my life where I have felt the Spirit the strongest. I love the reassurance of knowing that I have "forever".


No comments: