Sunday, October 26, 2008

Crazy Weekend

Last weekend was crazy- as are most weekends at the Dance home. But, this was a particularly insane few days. Most of you know that my friend Melanie and I bought a wedding business a year ago. It has been such a fun, creative outlet for me, and a great way to make money doing what I love.
Last weekend we had two weddings- which is really no big deal because we've done five (can you believe it) in one weekend before (August pretty much killed me) and I lived. But this weekend was a big deal. The first wedding was pretty much the biggest performance I have ever put on in my life.
Colors: Chocolate, raspberry, and bubblegum.
Flowers: All shades of pink hydrangeas, calalillies sp?, and roses.
Highlights: Vinyl lettering, string quartet, cupcake tree, weathered walnut picture stands, solar lanterns, Victorian linens, antique candy table, fall leaves, faux ceiling, chandelier, chocolate organza, immersed floral centerpieces-etc. You get the picture. It turned out fabulous-mostly because money was no option for the bride, and I had such a great time creating things that we had never done at any other wedding. And just as disclaimer-my business partner, Mel, is pretty much the world's most creative human...so she always gets my creative juices flowing too.
Anyway, we spent weeks preparing for this big event. There were tons of little details that just made it magical, and it will go down in wedding history (at least in our book) as the all-time favorite. We will compare all other weddings to the October 24th wedding. (Pictures to come.) So, needless to say, we were beyond exhausted, but on a good note...we had about a hundred single girls in attendance ask us to do their wedding. Priceless. :) And on a very tired note...we had another wedding to do the next day.
My cute little Landon didn't want to sleep Friday night, (little stinker) so Saturday morning was brutal. It's a good thing he's so dang cute. OH- and thank you, thank you, to my wonderful mom for taking such great care of my babe-o while I was off decorating in "Wedding Land". And Ben is always such a good sport too-thanks honey!

The Saturday wedding was so different from the Friday wedding. It was also very pretty-just different. Colors:Royal purple, lilac, and silver. Flowers: Lilacs and lavender roses. Highlights: Cinderella carriage for gifts, and lilac ribbons and flower balls tied around the chair covers. The backdrop was a sheer, chiffon canopy (gorgeous) and the cake was silver. (A first for us.) Both events turned out great. Most people think that if the bride is happy you know you were successful. WRONG. It's the mother of the bride that has to be pleased. If mama ain't happy... So, after setting up on Saturday, I had to go to Relief Society super-Saturday. After S.S. (the R.S. did such a great job) Ben and I went to dinner with his parents and his brother, Matt. Matt and his girlfriend Jennifer announced that they were engaged (I ADORE her!) and we started planning another wedding. I swear...I do weddings in my SLEEP!! It's a good thing I love it so much. So, if any of you have any fun ideas, or something you've seen at a reception-please let me know. We love new ideas! And CONGRATULATIONS Matt and Jennifer!! I am thrilled to have another sister!!! I know, this post is pointless, but I wanted to let you into my "wedding world".

1 comment:

Melissa said...

TaNiel, do I EVER know what you are talking about...I do weddings as well, we do all the rental stuff and floral...it can get INSANE! One Saturday we had 3 weddings and a bridal photo shoot, and it was the day of the Salt Lake City Marathon, which basically cuts a donut out of the city, and we happened to be INSIDE that donut...anyway, if you need any floral ideas, I would love to help.